- Registered with a GP practice in Mid & South Essex
- Aged 18-65 inclusive
- Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes within the last 6 years
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 27 (or 25 if you are of South Asian or Black African or Black Caribbean ethnicity)
- Attended your monitoring and diabetes review, including retinal screening, if you've been offered it
- Have an HbA1c (blood glucose) level of:
- 43-87mmol/mol if on diabetes medications
- 48-87mmol/mol if NOT on diabetes medications
If you're unsure about any of these please ask your GP practice.
These criteria have been set out by NHS England's Expert Advisory Group.